Optimal page breaking

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Optimal page breaking
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 00:18:58 +0100

Isn't working "quite right" and I can't see how to fix it (12.2).

I've got a piece that I would like to fit on 3 pages (it insists on going to 4 :-( but it also insists on breaking at rests after page 1 and 3. There's a rest on the last line of page 2 that it should break after, which would then give me one turn instead of 2 (and far more time to turn in :-)

From the documentation it seems like it's supposed to break after every second page (ie what I want). But it's breaking on the first and every subsequent 2 which I don't want. I thought there was an option to tell it whether to break after odd or even pages but this isn't mentioned along with everything else. Does this option exist, and what is it?

Cheers,
Wol
--