Vertical alignment of \mark and \markup

From: David Jarvie
Subject: Vertical alignment of \mark and \markup
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:15:41 +0100 (BST)

Since upgrading from version 2.10 to 2.12, I can't manage to get
neighbouring \mark and \markup output to align properly. I have a \mark on
a barline, and a ^\markup over the 4-bar rest which follows the barline.
With version 2.10, the two items appeared at the same distance above the
stave, but with version 2.12, the \mark insists on being printed higher
than the ^\markup. Using \raise doesn't make any difference. Note that the
two elements don't overlap in the horizontal direction, so there is no
good reason why lilypond should insist on outputting them at different
heights. One example of code which has this effect is:

R2*4 |
\mark #108
R2*8 ^\markup{ \hspace #13 \raise #0 \bold "Pocch. animato" } |

How can I make them be aligned vertically again?

--
David Jarvie.