Re: Space between staff and guitar chords

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Space between staff and guitar chords
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 09:05:14 -0500

GJO wrote:
I have trawled around and can not find how to lower the space between a
guitar chord letter, not symbol, and the top of the music lines.

Any advice?

Thanks

Here's a snippet I created a while back that does what I think you're asking for:

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=537

Now, it doesn't display the \lowerChords function properly on the Snippet Repo, maybe because it's running version 2.10, but if you save the snippet and run it in 2.12 you'll see that the chord letters are placed much closer to the staff on the blank staff, as I've adjusted the Y-offset. You can adjust the Y-offset value to suit your taste. I'll attach a png so you can see how much closer the chord names are in the 2nd staff. Hope that helps,

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com