Re: (Retry) LilyPond ignoring \break... what did I do wrong?

From: madMuze
Subject: Re: (Retry) LilyPond ignoring \break... what did I do wrong?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 07:40:52 -0700 (PDT)

Once you've finished typesetting, you could also include:

\paper {
        system-count = 4
}

the number being of course equal to the number of lines you want (and 1 more
than the number of \break commands).
David

Hi Tim,

There's a snippet in the Notation Reference that may be able to help
you.  Look in section 4.4.3 at the example just below where it says "To
understand how each of these different settings work, we begin by
looking at an example that includes no overrides at all."  It uses an
extra voice with nothing but

   s1*5 \break s1*5 \break

and so forth, making the systems break after every fifth bar.  Maybe
this approach will do what you want.

Jon