Re: Special markups

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Special markups
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 18:22:07 +0200

Am 18.05.2009 um 10:20 schrieb Helge Kruse:

Brett Duncan wrote:
Helge Kruse wrote:
The notes are written as f pitch, but they sound as knocking or tapping at the sound board. This is a short fragment in the voice. I would like to "patch" the MIDI output for these notes. How to insert MIDI commands in the output? This does NOT work:

    \override NoteHead #'style = #'cross
    \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"synth drum"
    f16 \startTextSpan f f f  f8 f |
    f16 f f f  f8 f |
    f16 f f f  f4 \stopTextSpan |
    \revert NoteHead #'style
    \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"acoustic grand"
Your code works for me!
When you say it does not work, do you mean that the voice remains 'acoustic grand' throughout? Or do the notes not sound at all?
Well the code works to generate "X" note heads. But the code doesn't
change the MIDI instrument on the fly. It's always the "acoustic grand"
in the ear. I replaced "synth drum" by "woodblock" and it works! I don't
understand why it didn't before.

But I don't need "synth drum", there is no matching MIDI instrument
anyway. I would need the sounds of knocking and tapping on the harp body. And I would like to set the instrument for the other notes to "harp" (MIDI channel 146).

Regards,
Helge

You could probably make those changes in a midi editor.

James E. Bailey