Better MIDI

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Better MIDI
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:29:51 +1000

Hi,

  I've put up a page on how to get more realistic sounding MIDI output
  from current LilyPond, along with the scripts and scheme code used, at
  http://www.nicta.com.au/people/chubbp/articulate

  It has before-and-after MIDI samples to listen to, and a full
  description of what the script does and how to use it.

  Is there any way that the scheme code can be distributed with
  LilyPond?  It's fairly useful now, but could do with going over by
  some real experts for improvement. In particular I'd like to get rid
  of the double pass over all the notes (first to find out what to do
  then to do it), and the hacked up communication between the two
  passes.  I'd also like to do something about trills and turns with
  alterations, and do a better calculation for trill duration.

--
Dr Peter Chubb                              peter DOT chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia