Frescobaldi crashes (was: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 0.7.10)

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Frescobaldi crashes (was: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 0.7.10)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 21:31:59 +0200

Op vrijdag 12 juni 2009, schreef Wilbert Berendsen:
> thanks. yes there still sometimes are random crashes.... my program uses
> very new parts of the KDE/KatePart libraries, they work well but there are
> maybe some issues in the Python/KDE layer which I'm not aware of...

Well, if possible the people plagued by Frescobaldi crashes could try SVN of
today (rev. 1347).

The crashes occurred when the folding marker bar (left to the LilyPond text
input view) was hovered with the mouse, (causing KatePart to redraw the
background of foldable parts a bit darker) while LilyPond was running, the
document has been edited, and there has been clicked a few times on objects in
the PDF.

KatePart contains some advanced code to translated cursorpositions to an older
state of the document (which is used by Frescobaldi to implement smart point
and click). The crash logs showed me that KatePart also uses this functions
(smartRange) to highlight the text when hovering the folding marker bar.

Now I changed my code to lock this smart-interface and reset the revision to
use each time after "translating" a cursor position (which happens when you
click on a note in the PDF).

Hiding the folding marker bar also could end the crashes for users of current
releases. (You can hide this bar using F9 or via Settings->Configure-
Frescobaldi->Appearance).

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--