Re: setting/resetting pedalSustainStrings

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: setting/resetting pedalSustainStrings
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:53:27 +0100

2009/6/14 Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:

> However, I can't seem to find the right code to do so... I've tried \set
> pedalSustainStrings, with and without using predefined \markup macro for the
> "1/2", but I get a blank (with a console warning about alignment).

You can't use markup in pedalSustainStrings; see my post here for the
reason why:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-09/msg00480.html

> I've also tried to \override the stencil, but was unsuccessful.

This works for me:

\once \override Staff.SustainPedal #'stencil =
  #(lambda (grob) (grob-interpret-markup grob (markup "½" #:musicglyph
"pedal.Ped")))

Regards,
Neil