Re: MIDI export: \partial measure and volta repeats

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: MIDI export: \partial measure and volta repeats
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:00:07 +0200

Federico Bruni wrote:
Francisco Vila wrote:
 I think that tailored scores for MIDI output are
the standard way of doing things. In a perfect world, the score you
code for printing with lilypond would serve without any modifications
to produce a perfect MIDI show, but there is still a large gap between
those worlds, given their respective, very different requirements.

Thanks Francisco,

I just wanted to be sure I was not making the lilypond file much larger than necessary.
Good to know that those workaround are ok  :-)
Please note that Francisco did not say that you have to repeat any of the actual music in your LilyPond file. It should be easy to obtain the things that have been discussed in this thread using only two separate \score blocks for the printed version and the MIDI version, if you make use of variables in a suitable way.

Regarding your problems with polyphony, you should figure out what kind of MIDI construct that TuxGuitar will turn into the kind of polyphony that you are looking for. There are many different ways to generate MIDI files. Some related information on how LilyPond generates MIDI files and how this can be customized, is provided in http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=438

  /Mats