Re: about Midi in Frescobaldi 0.7.11

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: about Midi in Frescobaldi 0.7.11
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 23:49:43 +0200

Op vrijdag 19 juni 2009, schreef Philippe Hezaine:
> It's a little bit annoying thing.
> I have installed it on Gentoo with the ebuild improved on the
> Frescobaldi's site. All is right. But when i save, compile and want to
> play the midi, a box opens where i have to write *each time* the path
> from timidity. It doesn't record the info for later.
> Well, i don't run KDE, only the libs and dependencies for Frescobaldi.

Isn't there a box to check 'Always use this application for files of this
type'? The dialog in question is provided by KDE.

In that case, try setting the default app for Midi files inside Gnome.
Frescobaldi just 'runs' the file, as if you clicked on it in the file manager.

(It might be confusing, the path and command for timidity in the configuation
dialog is about timidity running as an ALSA midi client (so you can enter
music with Rumor and hear the notes as played), not for playing back the
LilyPond-generated MIDI file.)

If this remains a problem, I'll be glad to alter Frescobaldi and make it
possible that users enter a path to the desired MIDI player, independent of
the OS default one.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--