Re: subdivideBeams broken?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: subdivideBeams broken?
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 15:47:07 +0100

Hans

SubdivideBeams will break beams at intervals
defined by beatLength, which by default is set
to 1 over the denominator of the time signature.
I think you need to set beatLength explicitly with
\set beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)

HTH

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hans Aberg" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 12:18 PM
Subject: subdivideBeams broken?

When I load the code below, I get the beaming in the picture below. With subdivideBeams = ##f, I get reasonable beaming, but if it is set to ##t, the beams go all the way, not respecting the grouping. This worked in some older LilyPond (modulo some other beaming problems), so
perhaps one should write it differently now?

  Hans

----
\version "2.13.1"

\score {
\new Staff <<
  \relative {
    \time 7/16
    #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * 7 16) 4 16)
    \set beatGrouping = #'(2 2 2 1)
    \set subdivideBeams = ##f
f8 f16 f f16 f f | f16 f16 f8 f16 f f | f16 f16 f16 f16 f16 f
f |
    \set subdivideBeams = ##t