Re: subdivideBeams broken?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: subdivideBeams broken?
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:48:35 +0200

On 21 Jun 2009, at 16:47, Trevor Daniels wrote:

SubdivideBeams will break beams at intervals
defined by beatLength, which by default is set
to 1 over the denominator of the time signature.
I think you need to set beatLength explicitly with
\set beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)

I have experimented a bit more with this. When setting beatLength to 8ths, 'lilypond' seems to just subdivide beams at 8ths, but still ignoring beatGrouping. I get the same typeset output when changing between
  \set beatGrouping = #'(2 2 3)
  \set beatGrouping = #'(2 2 1 2)
  \set beatGrouping = #'(2 2 2 1)
It looked like it worked because I before just tried with the last one.

  Hans