Re: MacOS X 10.5 GUI

From: Christian Hitz
Subject: Re: MacOS X 10.5 GUI
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:57:18 +0200

(cc'ing -user)

Am 22.06.2009 um 01:50 schrieb Graham Percival:

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 02:02:15PM +0200, Christian Hitz wrote:
I have made an attempt to rebuilt the Mac GUI for LilyPond on 10.5
(according to
the instructions from
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg12065.html).
I'll note in passing that 10.4 doesn't contain a
 /Systems/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
, which may or may not be the cause of this problem.  (10.4 only
contains python 2.3.5)

The idea is that the .app is self contained and not dependent on any
preexisting Python installation. Apparently this only works if one
does _not_ take the 'system supplied' Python installation.

So here is my second attempt. Download at

www.klarinett.li/LilyPond.zip

As before, the LilyPond binaries are not included so run with:

$ LILYPOND_DEBUG_APPDIR=/path/to/LilyPond.app open LilyPond.app

I have already tested on 10.5/i386 and 10.5/ppc. As I have no access to
any 10.4/10.3 machines I would be glad over feedback from users using
those system versions.

Known issue: the hardcoded Python binary path in convert-ly [1] leads
to a mix of Python versions. As a result the convert-ly function is not
working in this version.

Regards,
Christian

[1] http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=717