Re: new website: initial comments

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: new website: initial comments
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:53:14 +0200

It's always tricky finding a balance between appealing to users
and warning them about the text.  I'm not going to claim that the
balance in the new website is perfect, but I think it's worth
trying.  Let's try it for a few months; if we still have new users
sending bug reports about having no menus or toolbars (also
assuming that lilypad in 10.5 is fixed :)  , then we'll revisit
the webpage design.
Well, it is not a really good measurement. We should use Google Analytics for example to find out user's behavior, to know when and how they get scared or appealed.
Cheers,
- Graham