Re: new website: draft 2.5, resolved

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new website: draft 2.5, resolved
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:55:12 -0700

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 03:11:29PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Op donderdag 25-06-2009 om 03:50 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Graham
> Percival:
>
> > ok, panic resolved:
>
> Oh, you are using a good bit of content literally from the old
> site, right?  Would there be a way to be easy on the translators
> by keeping some kind of @comment tag where the original text
> came from?  I'm so happy with the 6 languages on the site... :-)

Good point.

In some cases, like Introduction->(main), I don't think that
there's much point informing translators that the first 4
sentences are slightly-rewritten versions of
http://lilypond.org/web/switch/

In cases of longer text, like the Testimonials, it probably *is*
worth mentioning the source.  Of course, they still need to put
the old translation into texinfo rather than HTML, so it's still
going to be somewhat of a chore.

I'll add links to the source whenever there's more than 5
sentences; then translators can decide for themselves if it's
worth looking at the previous work, or whether they just want to
translate it again from scratch.

Cheers,
- Graham