Tweaking ties in single staff polyphony

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Tweaking ties in single staff polyphony
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:44:23 +0200

Hi all,
how can I tweak the form of a tie in one voice in order to avoid a collision of
the tie with the notes of another voice of a single staff polyphony? I do not
merely want to move the tie position but bend the tie to almost achieve a
semicircle above the noteheads of the other voice.

Here's the problem:

\version "2.12.2"
\relative c' {
        <<