Re: solving dynamics clash

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: solving dynamics clash
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:44:42 +0200

On 14.07.2009, at 21:20, Helge Kruse wrote:

Hello,

I write a piece with a StaffGroup where the bar lines should connect the  staves indicating the staves that define one instrument. The dynamics are written in a separat "voice".

The problem is, that the dynamics clash with the bar lines. This occurs at many locations.

Is there a way to adjust the dynamics a bit more right? Since there are a lot of dynamics in the piece: Is there a way to adjust this automatically?

I don't know of a way to do it automatically, I just left-align the dynamics for those.
shift = \once \override DynamicText #'self-alignment-X = #-1
s2 \shift s2\mp  s2 s2\mf
James E. Bailey