Re: lyric tie font size

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: lyric tie font size
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:33:18 -0700 (PDT)

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Is the fontsize of the lyric tie glyph user-settable?
> [v2.13, if it matters...]

I don't think it is, but I've engineered a workaround that you can
modify to suit your needs. At the moment, it only accepts two
arguments, but properly it should accept any number. I'm sure it's
trivial to fix that problem, but I didn't figure it out. You can
adjust the "tie-size" binding in the tie-lyrics markup definition.
The awkward-looking "backstep" binding prevents the space between
the words from getting smaller than it normally is, but allows the
space to expand as the lyric-tie grows.

Hope this helps.
- Mark

\version "2.13.0"

#(define-markup-command (tie-lyrics layout props lst) (list?)
  (interpret-markup layout props
    (let* ((tie-size -3)
           (backstep (- 0.5 (magstep (min 0 tie-size))))
           (any->markup (lambda (x)
                          (cond ((markup? x) x)
                                ((symbol? x)
                                   (markup (symbol->string x)))