ties

From: Christopher Auerbach-Brown
Subject: ties
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:21:57 -0400

To whom it may concern:

Help!

I have a problem with getting ties to work over a barline.   Essentially, I am working with two layers.  In m. 1, layer one is hidden (with a hidden rest) and in m.2, there are 3 half notes, which show up just fine (the piece is in 3/2 time).  In layer two, m.1, I have a chord at the end of the measure that ties over the barline into m. 2.  I can get the ties to extend over the barline for the bottom two notes in the chord, but the top note does not show a barline, even though I have used tildes to connect the chords over the barlines.  (And yes, they are ties, not slurs)  I have tried a few different things - putting tildes on each note in the chord, putting the tilde after the < > brackets, removing the barline character - but nothing seems to work.

Attached is my example that I'm working with.  Any help that could be given would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Auerbach-Brown