Concerning \repeat

From: Matej Kosik
Subject: Concerning \repeat
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:59:51 +0200

Hello,

I am not using Lilypond too frequently, but when I want to engrave some
music, I use it exclusively.

Yesterday, I decided to create an lilypond version of Yann Tiersen's piece:

http://altair.sk/uploads/tmp/yann_tiersen__comptine_dun_ete.pdf
http://altair.sk/uploads/tmp/yann_tiersen__comptine_dun_ete.ly

(the source was a PDF I've got from a guy I met once. Unlike in the
original I've got, I am trying to explicitely denote repeated measures.)

Lilypond version is mostly done but I would like to use the

        \repeat

command instead of

        \bar "|:"

and

        \bar ":|"

commands. I am using special (?) layout where I encode both hands
simultaneously. This leads to easier to lilypond-code.

However, in this special layout, I am not able to figure out how to use the

        \repeat
        \alternative

commands.

The simplified version of the layout with simple contents can be found here:

http://altair.sk/uploads/tmp/test.ly

This is a model of my problem.

Can somebody explain me how can I use the \repeat command to denote
repetition, e.g., of the second and the third measure twice? Is it also
possible to use the \alternative command with this layout somehow?

Thank you very much in advance.