Quality of Lilypond outputs by MuseScore > 0.94

From: Daryna Baikadamova
Subject: Quality of Lilypond outputs by MuseScore > 0.94
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 22:18:30 +1200

Hi,

I have got some friends in the orchestra who are really afraid of
tackling the Lilypond language.  However I would really need them to
share my workload of re-typesetting orchestral scores to get the
parts.

What do you think about the quality of Lilypond outputs by MuseScore
0.94?  I had a look at lilypond output one of the demo files and it
seems to use the relative mode correctly and the lilypond file looks
readable to me.   How easy is it for a human to work on and maintain
these output files?

My long term plan is to give a player an orchestral part to typeset,
then I collect all of their files and convert to Lilypond

For the second stage, I create a common part which has common details
of tempo, repeats, rehearsal section mark etc.  Then I edit the
orchestral lilypond parts and get rid of common things that are in the
common parts and produce the full score, as well as lilypond
orchestral parts files by combining the common part and the edited
lilypond file.

How workable is this arrangement?  Could you offer a better startegy?

Thanks!

Daryna