Re: automatic beams: is it possible to achieve this automatically?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: automatic beams: is it possible to achieve this automatically?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 08:32:01 -0600

On 9/3/09 6:15 AM, "Frédéric Bron" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like the default behaviour of 2/4 time, i.e. beams end at the
> end of each beat.
> However, if there are only 8th notes in the measure, I would like the
> beam not to stop half measure as shown below.
> Is it possible to achieve that with automatic rules? With 2.13 maybe?
> but I did not see in the doc. what really changed in that version.

With the new version of 2.13, you can get *almost* all of this.

The final group c8[ c16 c] will not be automatically grouped right now,
because the current logic for the auto-beam ending doesn't look forward
clear to the end of the beam.

I have identified where to fix this, but I don't yet have code that is
ready for inclusion in LilyPond.  I hope to have it fixed in about three
weeks.  (This week is the beginning of school, so I have *LOTS* to do, and
very little time to spend on LilyPond.)

Carl