Re: Contemporary music documentation

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Contemporary music documentation
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:36:49 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
> Those "actual contemporary scores" must be placed in the public
> domain, licensed under Creative Commons, or licensed under the GNU
> FDL.  If you're thinking about an exerpt of Shostakovich or Glass,
> then forget about it.  Blame copyright law[1], not me.

Actually I was thinking of Ferneyhough, but ... :-P

Anyway, exactly the answer I was expecting.  Not a problem -- will just
have to be inventive with examples.  Thanks for the explanation.

I'll get on with more work/patches (hopefully without DOS
line-endings...) and we'll see where this goes ...

> Oh, and make sure you vote for your country's Pirate Party.
> Branches started recently in the UK and Canada, so I've got my
> next elections' votes lined up.  ;)

:-)

Best wishes,

    -- Joe