Re: partial chord ties in second alternative

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: partial chord ties in second alternative
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 22:52:19 +0200

Hi Robin & Marc,

thanks for your solutions! The problem is that they don't work in a tabVoice
context. (In my mail I didn't mention that I also wanted to use tablature.)

So I guess the best bet is to use single staff polyphony:
upper = \relative c {
  \voiceOne
  \repeat volta 2 {
     <e~ g~b~ e>1 |
  }
  \alternative {
    { <e g b e> }
    { <e g b e>\repeatTie }

lower = \relative c {
  \voiceTwo
  \repeat volta 2 { <e, b'>1 | }
  \alternative {
    {c'}
    {c }

Robin, your commands \frtDOWNtw and \frtUPtw come quite close to what I was
looking for. Maybe this could be an idea for an enhancement request: use of
\repeatTie within chords to be able to typeset semi-ties for selected notes.

Thanks again,
patrick
-------- Original-Nachricht --------