Re: Png image files are always 859x1111

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Png image files are always 859x1111
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:09:02 +0200

Alexander Kobel wrote:
Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
You know you can have LilyPond transparent (alpha) PNGs directly by using
-dpixmap-format=pngalpha on the commandline, like:

lilypond -dresolution=300 -dpixmap-format=pngalpha --png file.ly

or by including these lines in your template:

#(ly:set-option 'pixmap-format "pngalpha")
#(ly:set-option 'resolution 300)

Does not work for me here in neither way. Do I have to specify a special version of GS or something?
Strange. It does work, however, if I don't specify the resolution. Same thing if I call gs by hand...

GPL Ghostscript 8.64 (2009-02-03):
gs -r300 -sDEVICE=pngalpha -sOutputFile=file.pdf file.pdf
 => no alpha
gs -sDEVICE=pngalpha -sOutputFile=file.pdf file.pdf
 => perfect alpha, but low resolution (basically as it's supposed to be)

But anyway, even if it worked, I think to remember that the default GS pgnalpha backend only does "binary" transparency
Forget about this, sorry about the noise. I'm wrong, pngalpha works just fine. As long as it works, i. e.

Cheers,
Alexander