Re: slurs and bars in vocal music

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: slurs and bars in vocal music
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:15:38 +0200

Thank you all for the discussion and the good advice!

I don't want to let my editor look like an evil stick-in-the-mud (or how do you say) - he's a real expert in German and European folk music, so maybe he's just only used to older songbooks... (And I agree, most folk songbooks that are 10 years and older, use this style.) I won't haggle with him - if my customer wants nonsense, he'll get nonsense.

The reason why I didn't just use [] instead of () is that I didn't want to check and change the lyrics of all the songs that were already typeset. I guess I'll use that approach for the rest of the songbook.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm