more midi2ly

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: more midi2ly
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:22:34 +0200

Hi,

I am still working on midi2ly. This time I have tried to fix the issue
with the --key option to get notation of flats and sharps right. It now
works for me, but it is more a workaround than a real fix. Problem: the
key signature from the first track in the MIDI file ( the control track
) only goes to the first stave. I still have to find a way to merge the
key signature(s) from the first track with the other tracks.

With the --key option I can simply globally override the key signature
from the MIDI file. This works fine if all tracks and all bars can have
the same key signature, but is not good when the key signature changes
in the middle of a piece or when different staves should have different
key signatures.

I have attached my current experimental version of midi2ly, and an
example result file that demonstrates the improvements as well as the
TODO's. ( Long notes ! )

--

Martin Tarenskeen