Re: problems with routine to adjust inner points of slur

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: problems with routine to adjust inner points of slur
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:55:24 +0100

2009/10/17 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:

> Can you tell me why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it?  (Also,
> please let me know if there's a more elegant way to structure this...I'm
> sure that's part of the problem!)

You're setting a parser variable (internal-offset) in the music to two
different values, but this process happens before the slurs exist; by
the time they're getting the result of the 'control-points callback,
the value of internal-offset is its last setting (5).

Pass the input value directly to the callback instead:

expandSlur =
  #(define-music-function (parser location input) (number?)
    #{
      \once \override  Slur #'control-points = #(more-curve $input)
    #}
)

Use currying (or partial application) for the callback:

#(define ((more-curve internal-offset) grob)

        (define first-pair (car coords))

If you change let to let*, you won't need to use define.

        (define second-pair (car (cdr coords)))
        (define third-pair (car (cdr (cdr coords))))
        (define fourth-pair (car (cdr (cdr (cdr coords)))))

You could replace these with cadr, caddr and cadddr respectively.

Regards,
Neil