Re: Schenker graph example (improvement)

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Schenker graph example (improvement)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:09:04 -0500

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm hoping to show a Schenker graph example on my lecture tour next week, but I find <http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=501> unnecessarily complex — it ends up [to my eye] looking like far more work, and way scarier, than doing it in Finale (which I did a bunch of in my day, hating every step of the way).

Hence the attached simplified/improved code file, at least as far as I've gotten it in an hour or so.

I'm really just looking for early/mid-stream criticisms of my approaches/techniques, so that I end up with the best output — eventually, I want to have a schenker.ly file for \include purposes (to be available w/Lily, if appropriate), enabling the simplest possible "front-end" coding requirements.

Any hints/help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Kieren.

I like it, Kieren. This might help me sell some of my theory colleagues on the advantages of Lilypond.

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com