Re: Harmonica tablature notation

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Harmonica tablature notation
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 01:05:24 -0000

bradford powell wrote Sunday, October 25, 2009 2:32 AM

I would appreciate any comments. One area in particular that I have questions about is cleaning up the case statement that converts pitch to markup-- specifically in that I am weirdly interspersing lilypond
syntax (with the '(markup #:flat #:flat #:circle "2")'-type
statements). I would prefer to have a function like for blow and for draw that can incorporate parameters for the hole and the number of
bends. I've tried:

#(define draw hole bends) (markup (make-list-markup (append (list
#:simple) (make-list bends #:flat) (list hole)))))

This doesn't work, any suggestions?

This is not very elegant and not very Scheme-like,
but I think it works.  I'm sure someone can show us
how to code a tail-recursive version of this.

#(define (draw hole nbends)
 (define bend-glyphs "")
 (while
   (> nbends 0)
   (set! bend-glyphs (markup #:flat bend-glyphs))
   (set! nbends (1- nbends)))
 (markup bend-glyphs #:circle hole))

Call with     ((1) (draw "4" 1 )) etc in your
case statement.

BTW, thanks for your example showing how to use
\applyMusic - it helped me with a similar problem.

Trevor