Re: Penderecki noteheads

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Penderecki noteheads
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:11:31 +0100

2009/11/6 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng <address@hidden>:
>   I recently asked a composer about noteheads. In Penderecki's scores, a
> normal triangle with top upwards means as high as possible, and vice versa.
> But in LP, I only find a single triangle notehead. Is it possible to invert
> it?

Hi Haipeng,

I'm not sure what these triangles should look like, but here's a
possible solution:

downTriangle =
#(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
#{
  \override NoteHead #'stencil =
    #(lambda (grob)
       (grob-interpret-markup grob
        (markup #:rotate 180 #:musicglyph "noteheads.s0do")))
  \override NoteHead #'stem-attachment =
    #(lambda (grob)
       (let ((thickness (ly:staff-symbol-line-thickness grob)))
         (cons 1 (/ thickness 2))))
  $music
  \revert NoteHead #'stencil
  \revert NoteHead #'stem-attachment
#})
upTriangle =
#(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
#{
  \override NoteHead #'stencil =
    #(lambda (grob)
       (grob-interpret-markup grob
        (markup #:musicglyph "noteheads.s0do")))
  \override NoteHead #'stem-attachment =
    #(lambda (grob)
       (let ((thickness (ly:staff-symbol-line-thickness grob)))
         (cons 1 (/ thickness 2))))
  $music
  \revert NoteHead #'stencil
  \revert NoteHead #'stem-attachment
#})

\relative c' { c d e \upTriangle f g \downTriangle { a b } c }

Cheers,
Valentin