A barline half length long

From: Jiri Zurek (Prague)
Subject: A barline half length long
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:59:54 -0800 (PST)

Given that scheme calculations may be passed to the barLine bar-size
property, I was attempting to draw a barLine which would be only a half
length long vertically. When the size of the score is constant, it is not
difficult to hard-code a specific bar-size, but since I use several staff
sizes, it must be coded as the fraction of the "normal" bar-size. So, I
wrote this:

\once \override Staff.BarLine #'bar-size = #(* ly:bar-line::calc-bar-size
0.5) \bar "|"

...but I have got an error message by GUILE: Wrong type argument in position
1: #<primitive-procedure ly:bar-line::calc-bar-size>.
I suspect it must be some silly error in scheme syntax, but I tried many
things and I cannot get it right. What is wrong with my syntax, please?