SpanBar and Lyrics

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: SpanBar and Lyrics
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:40:24 +0100

Hi, all,

does anybody know of a way to make Lyrics _not_ to respect a SpanBar going through the whole score?

I want to keep the Span_bar_engraver for some bar lines, but I have longer syllables in the lyrics which disturb the spacing at other barlines. Thus I want them to ignore those barlines and rather use \whiteout or something there.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander
\version "2.13.7"

\paper { system-count = #1 }
\new Score \with { \consists Span_bar_engraver } {
        <<
                \new Staff \repeat unfold 48 { c''16 }
                \new ChoirStaff {
                        <<
                                \new Staff {
                                        %% This does not help.
                                        \set Staff.createSpacing = ##f
                                        %% Even this! Damn!
                                        \override Staff.BarLine
#'allow-span-bar = ##f
                                        %% What does this do, by the way? It
doesn't seem to affect anything,
                                        %% regardless of it's context? Error in
the docs?
                                        \override Staff.SpanBar
#'allow-span-bar = ##f

                                        \new Voice = "upper" \repeat unfold 6 {
c''2 }
                                }
                                \new Lyrics \lyricsto "upper" \lyricmode {
                                        longsyllable a b c longsyllable d
                                }
                                \new Staff \repeat unfold 6 { c''2 }

PNG image