Re: change Pitch, strange behavior

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: change Pitch, strange behavior
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 06:55:07 +0100

Dear Alexander,
look at the attached jpg-file. In my opinion the quarter-rests look strange!

2009/11/27 Alexander Kobel <address@hidden>
Stefan Thomas wrote:
Dear community,
I found out, that the changePitch Macro, developed by Gilles,
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-11/msg00556.html
behaves sometimes a little bit strange, when it is used together with partcombine.

What's strange about it? Look at the following, and compare the two outputs. You'll see that \partcombine does exactly what it's supposed to do, as well as \changePitch.
Which is, by the way, that the \changePitch does nothing at all, since you specified the same rhythm throughout both "oben" and "unten". Note that \changePitch does not consider the pitches of \oben at all; it only replaces them! (Maybe it'd be better to understand if it's name were \replacePitch.)

Cheers,
Alexander

\include "changePitch.ily"

oben = { e''' 4. g''' gis''' 4 g'''4. r r 4 }
unten =  {\changePitch \oben { g''4. bes'' c'''4 es'''4.  } }

\new Staff {  R1 \partcombine \oben \unten }

\score {
 <<
   \new Staff { R1 \oben }
   \new Staff { R1 \unten }