Re: triple stop warnings

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: triple stop warnings
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:17:29 +0100

Jay Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

> I've done triple-stops like this in the past:
> << c4 <g' e'>2.\fermata >>
>
> I'd prefer to do the triple-stop something more like this to avoid warnings:
> <\tweak #'duration-log #2 \tweak #'dot-count #0 c g' e'>2.\fermata |

Your code examples don't work as top-level documents, and I don't see
how I can bolster them up to result in something that makes remote
sense.

It is not clear to me why you want a duration 2., only to remove the dot
by hand afterwards.  It is not clear to me why you want different
durations for c and then g and e at all.

I can't guess what you wish the overall length of that phrase to be
musically, as well as what noteheads and dots you want to have appear on
the various notes.

So please make a complete example that shows the output (and musical
length) as close as possible, describe where it falls short in those
respects, and then one can see
a) how to get that result
b) how to avoid warnings in the process.

Your current description is not useful for guessing what you want.

My overall guess is that you want a chord for which the low note is only
sounded, and the upper notes are held for the duration of the fermata.

I have utterly no idea why you would want to specify 2., but remove the
resulting dot.

Thanks

--
David Kastrup