Re: triple stop warnings

From: Philip Potter
Subject: Re: triple stop warnings
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:20:43 +0000

2009/12/11 Owain Sutton <address@hidden>:
> I realise now I've checked that the Tchaikovsky does have rests in the
> lower 'voice'.  The Stravinsky doesn't, however, - but you can just
> about make it out here, at figure 2:
> http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/look_inside/5867960/image/262798

How about this? First two chords of Elgar cello concerto:

\relative c {
  \clef bass
  <<
    {
      \voiceOne
      <e b'>2
      <g e'>2
    }
    \new Voice {
      \voiceTwo
      <g, e'>16 s16 s8 s4
      <e b'>16 s16 s8 s4

Basic idea is using multiple voices to represent the different chord
parts, and hiding rests by using the 's' spacer (invisible) rest. A
little clunky with quite a lot of syntactic cruft; I don't know
lilypond well enough to say if there's a better way of doing it.

Phil