Re: Documentation on collision resolution

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Documentation on collision resolution
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:58:07 -0000

Valentin Villenave wrote Saturday, December 12, 2009 12:36 PM

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:
Coping to the bug list for confirmation.

I'm not sure the \oneVoice keyword is needed. Actually I'm not sure at all *what* the example is aiming to demonstrate... Besides, doesn't
the doc explicitely mentions that this example isn't correct?
"""
The half note and eighth note at the start of the second measure are
incorrectly merged because \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn cannot
successfully complete the merge when three or more notes line up in
the same column, and in this case a warning is given.
"

You're right, but it still seems unsatisfactory. In fact the merge _is_ completed when it shouldn't be. And the warning doesn't draw attention to the incorrect merge; it says "ignoring too many clashing note columns",
something different entirely.

Trevor