Re: simple editor for windows

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Re: simple editor for windows
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:30:56 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2009 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:
> 2009/12/16 Stefan Thomas <address@hidden>:
> > I'm searching for a simple text-editor for windows. It is for the
> > computer in my music-school.
> > It is an old machine and lilypondtool, because it requires java, doesn't
> > work on it.
>
> On my WinXP installation in a VM I use Notepad++, it's fast enough and
> a good programming editor.
> But AFAIK there's no syntax highlighting setup for LilyPond yet.
> (Here's an old one:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-12/msg00491.html)
>
> I guess your Notepad problem is due to Unix line endings. AFAIK
> Notepad still can't cope with UTF-8 (and you'll need that encoding for
> umlauts etc.)

Notepad can deal with UTF-8, also in XP, but it has the (bad?) habit of adding
a BOM at the beginning, which confuses every other software that is not a
text editor. Also, I believe to remember that it produces utf16 (always two
bytes per character).

Anyway, my recommendation would be Notepad++ as well.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
The number you dialed is imaginary.