Re: GUI

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUI
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:49:54 +0000

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 10:36:57AM +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2009/12/18 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:
> > Il 18/12/2009 00:57, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> >>
> >> Pretend that you've never heard of lilypond.  Does the webpage
> >> answer the questions, or present the information, that you wanted
> >> to know before you got involved?
> >>
> >> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/web/index.html
> >
> > Here:
> > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/web/unix#Unix
> >
> > I would add this line, before executing the file (I know Unix users should
> > not have any problem with that, but still.. it's just a line.. and it can
> > help newbies):
> >
> > chmod a+x lilypond-2.12.2-OS-TYPE.sh

Thanks, that's *exactly* the kind of suggestions I need.  Anything
that makes it easier to navigate or follow instructions, or
clarifies potential confusions.

However...

> sh <argument> does not need <argument> to be executable.

... Francisco is right, so in this case it isn't needed.  But
please keep on looking for any other clarifications!  :)

Cheers,
- Graham