Re: Re:score runs off the page

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Re:score runs off the page
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:50:33 +0100

Hu Haipeng wrote:
Why this compilation gets only two pages?

Mmm, that's my fault. I commented out the midi generation to save time, and I may have needed global-staff-size 6 in the initial stage while I had done this incorrectly. This size squeezes much more than you need, the second page has two systems. It seems OK to use global-staff-size 9. Peter's suggestion to start off \marks with
s2.*6 \break | s1*5/4*2 |
lets you keep global-staff-size 10 and fills the pages better. But note that this probably works because measure 8 is tall, i.e. it is just for this special case. I see that the instrument names are extremely close to the edge of the paper. A left-margin of at least 20\mm improves this. (And 2.13 shortens the line-width to match.)

Cheers,
Robin