RE: which encoding for umlaute

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: which encoding for umlaute
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:00:06 -0500

alternatively you can look up the table here:

http://www.utf8-chartable.de/

and then manually put in the value using the '\char ##' function.

For example

\header {

      title = \markup {\concat {"Bourr" \char ##x009 "e"} }
}

Which gives Bourrée with an e-acute (x009). The \concat switch means that
'Bourrée' doesn't end up as 'Bourr é e'.

I use this method because I don't have a lot of accented characters to deal
with and also I can move my ly files into virtually any plaintext editor
without worrying about any weird conversions that a different OS or editor will
do.

James