Re: simple editor for windows

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: simple editor for windows
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 10:15:32 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Stefan Thomas <address@hidden> writes

Responding very late ...

Dear community,
I'm searching for a simple text-editor for windows. It is for the computer in
my music-school.
It is an old machine and lilypondtool, because it requires java, doesn't
work on it.
Vim and emacs would be too complicated for my dear colleagues.
And with the very simple editor that comes with the lilypondversion of
windows, I have the problem, that it shows the whole file (that I've written
with Frescobaldi) in one line.
Does someone of You have an recommandation?

My favourite editor is PFE (programmers file editor).

Unfortunately, last I know, it was abandonware, but it's still a simple nice editor. Written by somebody at Lancaster Uni iirc.

You should still be able to find it, and it's a small self-contained installable. Only thing is, if you want fancy features I don't know if it can do them - I don't use them.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden