RE: odd text position?

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: odd text position?
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:12:27 +0000

Actually I may have mis-spoke, so to speak.

in this specific example this is a \markup rather than a \lyric* and I would expect a 'symbol' or whatever the correct general term is, to do exactly this when using markups (either _ or ^) . It just so happens that in this case these symbols are letters that spell words, and these words mean something together so we (as humans) look at them differently than say we would a hairpin or fingering references or some other 'glyph' type character.

The thread seemed to be about lyrics rather than \markup chars.