Re: RE; Re nesting curves getting closer

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: RE; Re nesting curves getting closer
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:42:30 +0100

>> > Well, IMO, it's better to have a short file in the body of the email.
>> > Because that way I can look at it and identify errors without having to
>> > save
>> > an attachment and then open it up in another application.
>>
>> I don't *have* to save to attachment to just view it.
>
> That's nice.  But like Carl, I find it easier to look at the file
> in the body of an email.

You can use an inline attachment for that, like this:

#(define woozle (make-hash-table 239))
onceinclude = #(define-music-function (parser location str) (string?)
   #{ \include $(if (eq? (car (hash-create-handle! woozle str #t)) str)
                   str "/dev/null") #} )

\onceinclude "/dev/null"
This also has the advantage that the mailer is not going to mangle
spaces and line ends.

> That's nice.  I find it easier to copy&paste.

Inline parts give you both.

>> [If you cannot view attached text files inline, I guess that it's a
>> shortcoming of the mail client you use...]
>
> That's nice.

Oh come on.  The above may at worst look a bit wordy if you use a
MIME-incapacitated mail reader.

--
David Kastrup