Re: Temporary polyphonic passages in TabStaff

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Temporary polyphonic passages in TabStaff
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:05:52 +0100

Il giorno Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:17:19 +0100
Oscar van Eijk <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> At some locations I add a second voice, as in the snippet I includes
> with this mail, but that doesn't work for tabs; the new voice is twice
> interpreted as a normal voice and an extra normal (G clef) staff is
> added.

I guess the problem is that you've inserted \new Voice inside a
variable.
I'm not sure if this is correct.. I think \new commands must be placed
in \score blocks. Right?
The examples on the website are implicitly in a \score block.

Also, I suggest you to use bar checks: there was an error in you input
(a half note missing).
It's also useful having a line break after each bar and always putting
the note value for first note of a bar (even though it's the same value
of the last note of the earlier bar).. so it's easier to find errors and
read the code.

I attach the file.
It works, but I have two warnings:
warning: maybe input should specify polyphonic voices
warning: adding note head to incompatible stem (type = 4)

I can't help with that.. I'm used to put each voice in a different
variable and then specify them in \score, so I've never come across this
problem.

Cheers,
Federico
--