Re: Lilypond as MediaWiki extension does not print in Extension:Collecti

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Lilypond as MediaWiki extension does not print in Extension:Collection
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:54:57 -0500

Hi Oscar,

> is this correct, that lilypond has this "security issue" as stated;

I'm no security expert, but this issue has been discussed at length several
times on the Lilypond lists (-user and -dev), so check the archives.

> and is it possible " to make the program hang indefinitely"?

Probably... what about
   \repeat "unfold" 10000000 { \repeat "unfold" 10000000 { \repeat "unfold"
10000000 { \repeat "unfold" 10000000 { c128 } } }  }

Worse, of course, is to write in a Scheme function -- which Lilypond would of
course attempt to execute -- which simply calculated pi to infinite precision.
=)

Cheers,
Kieren