Re: scheme-function to export a note-list?

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: scheme-function to export a note-list?
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 20:27:13 +0200

(Cc'ed to list... oh well, rather Bcc'ed to original poster)

У пт, 2010-01-29 у 12:00 -0600, Patrick пише:
> Hi Dmytro,
Hi Patrick!

> Please the excusion, I have a stupid question.
:O(

> > There are \displayMusic and \displayLilyMusic

> There are?  Where are they described?
Not so stupid. Once i've searched a lot for them too :-)

I can remember them for... can't remember :-)

Now i've tried:

http://www.google.com.ua/search?q=\displayMusic+site%3A+http%3A%2F%
2Flilypond.org%
2F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:uk:unofficial&client=firefox-a

This gave me:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Displaying-music-expressions

The same way i've found for \displayLilyMusic only this:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/user/lilypond/Displaying-music-expressions.html

I've not searched too much though.

Ah, yes, they are in the "Interface for programmers" section...

Ah, yes, there is no such section in NR-2.13...

> I can't find any mention of
> them in the Version 2.12.2 documentation in:
>
>    * lilypond.pdf, the Notation Reference
>    * lilypond-internals.pdf, the Internals Reference
>    * lilypond-guide.pdf, A Guide to Open Source Music Notation
>    * music-glossary.pdf, the Music Glossary
>    * lilypond-learning.pdf, the Learning Manual
>    * lilypond-snippets.pdf, the LilyPond Snippet Repository
>    * lilypond-program.pdf, the Program Usage guide
Well. Strange.  You should find it in the "lilypond.pdf, the Notation
Reference". Not absolutely sure... sorry.. :-)

> There is another pdf file, also called lilypond-learning.pdf, which I
> blundered upon somewhere.  It's similar to but much more extensive
> than the version on the LilyPond site.  It does document
> \displayMusic and \displayLilyMusic.
>
> But what's going on here?  Why aren't they mentioned in the version
> of lilypond-learning.pdf which is available on the LilyPond site?
> Are they only available in Version 13?
No, they're "pretty old" :-)

Sorry! I'm newbie in some sense, i'm not a musician neither a
programmer; i can only bother others with my own stupid questions...

However, please, don't hesitate to ask lilypond-user, which is quite
friendly, to any questions, i'd say. Honest!-)

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk