Re: Lilypond vs Score

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: Lilypond vs Score
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:56:44 -0800

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:33:07 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jonathan Wilkes <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Lilypond vs Score
> To: address@hidden
>
> > Message: 9
> > Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 11:15:37 +0100
> > From: Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>
> > Subject: Re: Lilypond vs Score
> > To: Brett McCoy <address@hidden>
> > Cc: address@hidden
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Brett McCoy <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> > > From http://www.scoremus.com/score.html
> >
> > Aaaaaarg. Please add a warning before posting such links
> > :)
>
> What kind of warning?  I don't understand.
>

> > As far as I'm concerned: LilyPond is Free Software, Score
> > is not. Period.
> >
> > Isn't life simple after all? :-)
>
> It's as simple as looking at the output examples on that website and
> saying, "Oh, it'd be neat to have a way to do curvy staff lines in
> Lilypond," or whatever your particular impression is.
>
> -Jonathan

If recent reports are true, that svg output from Lilypond is working well
now, then this kind of thing should be no problem. Generate the svg from
LP, then open it with Inkscape and "sculpt" away.
I found this - http://freesvg.texterity.com:90/  - to convert a pdf to svg
which can then be manipulated in Inkscape also.
I have to admit - I tried it and it's not easy to get a staff to conform
to a circle, for example. Maybe someone else can. My Inkscape skills are
weak, though I love the software.

Tim Reeves