Re: RemoveEmptyStaffContext erases previous setting

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: RemoveEmptyStaffContext erases previous setting
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 18:05:25 +0100

On Friday 05 February 2010 17:50:28 you wrote:
> My understanding is that LilyPond can only take one \layout block -
> no?  So any subsequent layout block will override the previous one.

No,that's not true. You can have several layout blocks. Attached is an
example, where the first block removes the time signature and the second one
removes the clef.

> I don't think it's buggy at all.  You just need separate layout blocks
> for different components of your project.  I always have one for
> scores and a different one for parts.

Actually, I have one large package that sets an overall style for
professional-looking scores (actually global settings for overall-style and
another package that changes settings depending on whether it is used for a
full score or for an instrumental part). This package is supposed to be used
for multiple projects.

And then each score of a project might need some different settings, too. Of
course you want to be able to change global settings and per-score settings,
thus multiple (cascaded) layout blocks are absolutely required for
professional scores.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * Edition Kainhofer Music Publishing, http://www.edition-kainhofer.com/