Re: Mailing Subject Format Inquiry

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Mailing Subject Format Inquiry
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 05:48:21 +0000

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Steven White
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Just an inquiry, but is there any specific reason why the mailing list
> doesn't have a prepended subject like [lilypond-user]?

That would make all the subject lines much longer.  On some displays,
this wouldn't be a problem, but on people with limited screen size
and/or poor eyesight (both apply to me; I can only comfortably fit
80x25 text on my netbook, which is my primary computer), the extra 15
characters would be most unwelcome.

> It is easy to sort based on the cc/to,

FWIW, I sort based on the List-ID: field.  Both methods work, though.

since it _is_ easy to sort based on other aspects of the emails, I
don't see any benefit from adding [lilypond-user] to the subject
lines.

> I would also like to take the time to grovel at the developers of this
> system. It is hands down the most well documented tex style system I have
> ever used.

Thanks!  It's great to hear that all the hard work is appreciated.

Cheers,
- Graham